Monday, November 15, 2010

Loss

Good Hugs

15 x 20 Oil



Loss, I don’t handle loss very well. Most of us don’t. Several of my dear friends have lost love ones this week. When they are grieving, I am grieving, too. It is a time that naturally feels like we should crawl inside and pull up the walls around us. Healing takes time. When we humans are ready, we will reach out again, touch and once again relate to the world.


I turn to my painting. It is an inside place that is quiet and peaceful, without words, a place to float and recover. Focusing so deeply on the problems that a painting can create, letting the paint flow, watching it mix with the other colors and catch the light, actually soothes and quiets the words flying around in my head. Questions of “why” and “what if…” fade quietly for another time. I feel closer to God when I am quiet. The ultimate Creator, helping me create, helping me heal. All is good, all is peaceful.

We have been given the right side of the brain as a way to stop all the chatter. Whatever is your “right brain” experience, that is your healing spot, use it to heal the heart.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful...the painting and the well expressed feelings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing in it's beauty. I love how you have described the healing process and I love that God has provided you this beautiful talent to help you in many way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sublime!!!
    cath
    Nous nous connaissons su fb, merci de venir me rejoindre comme membre sur mon nouveau blog!
    merci- "weekend et coup de brosse"-

    ReplyDelete